Sunday, July 15, 2012

Zutara - My Latest Obsession




As River says, SPOILERS! I can't imagine that anyone hasn't seen Avatar the Last Airbender yet, but if by some chance this show has eluded you (as it did to me until just recently) you probably don't want to read this post. Just sayin'.


When Huzzy is gone I practically devour books, TV shows, animes and basically anything else I can get my hands on to fill my time. So far this deployment I've gotten into Switched at Birth, Sherlock, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Glee, Downton Abbey, Avatar The Last Airbender, Firefly, Farscape, Eureka, Drop Dead Diva, and Ouran High School Host Club. I also finished watching Doctor Who and read those stupid Fifty Shades of Grey books.

I'm a fandom hopper.

I get into something, get super into something and then obsess over it for a while. It's totally unhealthy, and I don't care. This is how I choose to live my life.

But now I'm stuck! I got completely sucked into Avatar (the show, not the movie. The movie sucks), and now I can't seem to escape Zutara. Seriously. I've actually started doing something I haven't done in years. Something I never thought I would do again. Something I'm not particularly proud of.

I started reading fanfiction again.

I feel dirty. Not that this is my fault or anything. I'm pretty sure the creators knew exactly what they were doing. They created a wonderful story, one that appealed to children and *ahem* adults (or at least me). It was funny, sad, smart, entertaining and there was that dash of romance. What I just don't understand though is why they decided to stick Katara with Aang. Seriously?? I don't know about you, but when I was 14 I wasn't attracted to immature 12 year old boys. The entire series she treats him like a child (to be fair, he acts like one) and there is very very little hint from Katara that she is interested. Sure, Aang is totally ga-ga over her from the beginning, but still.... Zuko would have made a much more believable suitor for her.

Oh geez, now I'm ranting. About a TV show.

Yikes.

So anyway, I definitely need to find something else to fill my time. So please, suggestions? I need to distance myself from this Zutara crap before I go crazy.

....Still totally shipping them forever though.

....Screw canon.

No comments:

Post a Comment