If you're interested in writing a guest post please contact me at email@example.com I will be allowing guest posts that are read and approved by me.
10 Ways You Can Support Our Troops
If you are wondering how to go about supporting our troops, you will be glad to know there are many great ways of doing so. With the numerous programs and groups you can participate in, supporting our troops has never been easier or more rewarding. The following list highlights ten caring ways to show your support.
1. Send a Care Package via HeroBox - One very helpful way to support our troops is to get involved with the HeroBox organization. This non-profit organization provides our troops with care packages that contain many items that are needed on a daily basis, but not readily available to them. Because the personal needs of our troops can vary greatly from one person to the next, HeroBox allows troops to personally request items to their own specifications. To get involved, visit the HeroBox website for more information.
2. Donate to the YellowRibbonFund - Since 2005, the Yellow Ribbon Fund has helped thousands of injured troops recuperate once they are back on US soil at either the Walter Reed Army Medical Center or the National Naval Medical Center. By supporting the needs of both injured troops and their family members, the Yellow Ribbon Fund provides things such as taxi rides, car rentals, hotel stays, event tickets, meals, and more. These are all things that can be hard to come by when families visit their injured loved ones in the hospital. You can either donate or host a fundraising event to help the Yellow Ribbon Fund stay in operation.
3. Get Involved in the FreedomAlliance - This organization sponsors many programs that support and honor troops and their families. Some of the popular programs sponsored by Freedom Alliance include the Support our Troops program, the Military Leadership Academy and the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund. The scholarship fund provides scholarships to the children of disabled or deceased troops. Donating to this organization will ensure its ability to continue providing support to troops and their families.
4. Donate Popcorn via OperationPopcorn - Operation Popcorn is a very cool program that sends microwave popcorn to our troops deployed all over the world. Operation Popcorn works with the Boy Scouts of American and Trail’s End Popcorn Company to provide lots of yummy, home-style treats to service members. You can help the program by purchasing popcorn through the Boy Scouts and Trail’s End. Your purchase will then be sent on to troops who are waiting for a taste of home.
5. Be a Part of KidsLinkDownrange - This service project makes it easy for military children to stay in touch with their deployed parents throughout the year. To be a part of this great program, you or your group can design card kits that contain everything needed for military kids to regularly write and keep in touch with their active-duty parents. The program’s website contains all the information you need to get started.
6. Knit a Hat for WarmthForWarriors - Warmth for Warriors is a wonderful program that supplies warm, hand-knitted hats to soldiers serving in Afghanistan. Not only do active-duty soldiers receive the hats, but wounded soldiers recuperating in overseas military hospitals as well. You can get involved by knitting and donating hats or by sending a donation.
7. Donate a Magazine Subscription via Mags4Troops - Just as you like to enjoy your magazine subscriptions each month, so do our troops serving all over the globe. Through this program you can donate magazine subscriptions to troops so they always have fresh, new reading material to look forward to every month.
8. Support WarriorWeekend - This great program makes it possible for wounded troops to enjoy weekends full of relaxation, rest, and fun once they are recovering back in the US. The Warrior Weekend Program is cool because participating soldiers get to choose their destinations and activities. You can support this program by donating money through the website.
9. Be a Part of HireAHero - Once troops have returned from combat, it can often be difficult for them to find a job that is supportive. If you are an employer who would like to help with that, you can be a part of this great program that helps military veterans find good jobs. Even if you are not an employer, you can donate to keep this program up and running.
10. Donate a Laptop via LaptopsForTheWounded - Through the help of this unique charitable organization, laptops with webcams are supplied to wounded troops that are recovering in military hospitals. These laptops make it easy for the wounded troops to stay in touch with family and friends, which is a very significant part of recovery. You can donate laptops or money to help support this organization.
These are just some of the wonderful ways in which you can support our troops. The troops will be very appreciative and you will feel great knowing you did what you could to help support our troops and country.
Guest post from Bailey Harris. Bailey writes for InsuranceQuotes.org.