Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tell Me Thursday March 22, 2012




Yup, it's that time again! Had to take a break last week with everything going on but I'm ready to start up again! It seems that this hasn't taken off very well though, and while I like doing this I don't see myself doing this for much longer if there isn't more involvement... :(

So link up, join the fun and post it on your blog so everyone can join in! The more the merrier, right?

With so many blog hops, fill-ins and twitter follows done on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I felt it was time to give Thursday a little love. Thursdays matter too, folks. From here on out I'll be putting out a few questions that you can copy and post over on your own blog with a link back here. After you've done that come back here and enter yourself in Mr. Linky down below. It's a fun way to get to know other bloggers while getting your blog out there as well.


Let's begin, shall we?

For this week... Jobs!

  1. What was your first real job? (like, you paid taxes and everything) - My first job was at a little stand alone ice cream store. It was seasonal, easy, and probably the best job I ever had. The owner mostly left us girls alone and let us run it all day. I actually really enjoyed it. Especially when there were no customers and we started having contests to see who could come up with the most ridiculous sundae. Thank God I was young. My metabolism would never be able to keep up with that job now.
  2. What was your favorite job? What job did you hate the most? - Well favorite was my first job. As for job I hated... I don't know that I ever really hated my job, so much as I hated parts of it. I used to manage a retail store, and there are a lot of things about management that I could live without. I hate having to be the bad guy. At the end of the day I'm just really not that good at it.
  3. What is your dream job? - Teaching. One of these days I'll actually go back to school, finish my degree and get into teaching. The only thing that sucks is how hard it is to get into teaching right now. I guess it depends on where you are going, but I love history so that is what I would like to teach. And apparently history teachers are a dime a dozen. 
  4. Are you currently working? - Well, I'm not collecting a paycheck...but raising a toddler is a lot of work actually...lol. I stopped working just over a year ago. I don't regret it, but sometimes I do miss it. It would be nice to get out of the house without the kiddo once in a while. Still, if I was working I'd be wishing I was at home. The grass is always greener.... I have a lot of respect for working moms though. I'm exhausted all the time as it is, I'd probably fall over if I had a "real" job on top of it.
  5. What job should everyone try at least once? - This is a biggie for me, and maybe only me. But still... I think everyone should have to work in the service industry at least once in their life. I worked in restaurants and retail for years, and you learn a lot of valuable things in those jobs - how to be patient, polite, etc. The customer isn't  always right, but you learn to bite your tongue and think twice before saying something. You also learn to appreciate and respect people who work in that industry. I worked at McDonald's during high school. I certainly won't look down on the guy making my Big Mac, because I've been there. 

Thanks for joining in! As always if you have questions to submit email me or comment here!








4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out to the service people. I worked in banking for years and it was brutal!!!! It is even worse when you play with people's money, but you are correct when you say that you learn how to bite your tongue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added my link :) I never really learned to bite my tongue, don't know how I wasn't fired from the grocery store I worked at haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, people should work in the service industry. But that doesn't mean they'll always be nice anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really had to work a service job. My dad used to own his own print shop and so during summers he would have me do office work, clean around the shop, and some packaging. The only service job I have really is raising my daughter, I have learned patience through her.

    ReplyDelete