Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Puppy Love



No symphony orchestra ever played music like a two-year-old girl laughing with a puppy.
- Bern Williams 




 Haven't posted in a few days, have I? Terrible, but I've been busy! 

Saturday Huzzy, Baby Girl and I went and picked up the newest member of our family - Misty. Misty is a 7 week old yellow lab/golden retriever mix and she is just adorable! Baby Girl is completely in love with the new puppy, and I pretty much am too. She has a very calm, sweet disposition. I'm kind of hoping it will rub off on Baby Girl, but with my luck it will probably just go the other way. Oh well.

Huzzy likes to make jokes that he leaves me with something new to keep me busy every time he goes away. HA! Like our daughter isn't enough? 

We've been talking about getting a puppy for a long time, and it seemed like now was the best time really. We both had dogs growing up, and we wanted the same for our daughter. Misty is just a puppy, and Baby Girl is only 19 (almost 20!) months old, so they can grow up together. Best of friends who will be terrorizing me in cahoots I'm sure. 

I have a bunch of pictures, but unfortunately my camera isn't cooperating with Huzzy's computer and my computer is down at the moment. So I only have one to share. I'll get more up later though, promise!

Baby Girl with Misty

Huzzy is on leave right now, and we're trying to have a lot of family time. Posts will probably be a little scattered for the next week, but I'm here I swear!





Did you have a dog growing up? Do you have one now? 






6 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture! I am a big believer that every child should grow up with a dog! We bought Dylan a German Shepard/Lab mix for his 2nd birthday 3 weeks ago and him and his pup have been inseparable! I love their little bond! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little kids are so cute with animals. I guess we decided to get a puppy when Baby Girl was a good age, around 2 seems to be a very common time to get kids their own pet!

      Delete
  2. Awww,puppy love! I have two dogs currently. I never had dogs growing up (My Mom was not an animal person) but my husband always had at least 2 dogs living in his house at all times, so we had to get dogs when we bought our house. My boys LOVE their dogs and as much as a hassle they can be at times (the little one chews everything!) I am so glad to have them as part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...chewing on everything. I'd forgotten about that until we brought Misty home! But I agree with you, it's nice to have pets even if they can be a pain. My daughter is in love with her new puppy. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh sweet. I love dogs and would love to get one too but where we live at the moment is not fit for a dog, so will have to wait till we move one day. I only ever had a dog when I was growing up for a couple months. It was a lost dog and after two months my brother and I were convinced he was ours, as we couldn't imagine the owners coming to find him after all that time...but eventually they did. It was devastating for my bro and I when he left...we bawled our eyes out...but oh well, at least he went back to his owner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stinks. We always had random animals we had "rescued" (strays) but luckily (?) never had an owner come claim them. I guess it's better for the pet going back to their loving family, but I can see how that would be really upsetting for you and your brother. :(

      Delete